Choose a category
Freedom of information
Transport & Shipping
- Information on aviation issues, e.g. air safety, smoking bans, can be found at the Commonwealth Department of Transport and Regional Services.
- Further information on aviation accident statistics can be found at the Bureau of Air Safety Investigation, (BASI).
- Air Services Australia provides information on the Australian Advanced Air Traffic System, pilot information and briefings, news releases, and the National Airways System.
- Find statistics, legislation, pilot guides and aircraft registers at the Civil Aviation Safety Authority Australia.
- Search the Aerospace database from the Department of Defence for information about specific companies, aircraft or systems. Ausaviation has pictures and a searchable database of aircraft.
- Search for data from the Web pages of Ansett Mark II, Qantas and Virgin Blue.
- Find aviation information and links through the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia or from the Australian Federation of Air Pilots.
- Air Safety contains the latest news and information on air safety issues.
- Aerolist, the Australian aviation directory, has aviation news, pilot information and links to information in the aerospace industry.
- Visit the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
- Use Airline Safety's Crash database for commercial airline crash statistics and data worldwide.